From October 10-12, 2019, the 1st Cartography M.Sc. Alumni Meeting with more than 90 participants took place. The event was hosted by TU Munich. The alumni of all former intakes, fresh graduates, current students, and consortium members of the four cooperating universities met for the first time to learn, reconnect and network. Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting and contributed to the continuity of the Cartography M.Sc. network’s activities.
The three days program included an informal get-together, official part with 7th intake graduation ceremony and poster presentations, enlightening alumni talks, and a hiking trip to Andechs Monastery.
The alumni from different intakes shared their career stories, gave professional advice, motivational mantras, and presented lessons learned after they left the Alma Mater within two panels: Career in industry and academia.
Career in industry:
- Mariana Kecová (2nd intake): From GIS to scientific data visualization
- Keni Han (5th intake): Reach out to LBS and consulting
- Allie Strel (4th intake): Dream job
Career in academia:
- Susanna Abraham (5th intake): On my way to research
- Armand Kapaj (6th intake): Human navigation behavior in real and virtual environments
- Shayan Nikoohemat (1st intake): Indoor 3D reconstruction to support disaster management
Thanks to all alumni and current students beeing part of our Cartography family! We are looking forward to the 2nd Cartography M.Sc. Alumni Meeting.