• Home
  • Health Insurance

Health Insurance

If you got admission you have to proof a health insurance to be able to enrol. In case you have been awarded with a scholarship, the Cartography programme will arrange and pay the health insurance for you. Self-funding students have to make own arrangements. Here are some important information which might help you.
For EU self-funding students
For enrolment you need to send a copy of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to one of the German social state insurers (e.g. Barmer, Techniker Krankenkasse, DAK, etc). Following, the insurer will send you and the TUM a confirmation about your insurance. If you do not have insurance, we suggest Care College.
For non-EU self-funding students
Note that the German social state health insurance is not sufficient to get a visa for Austria. Only a private health insurance is. For the Austrian visa you also need an accident insurance.

We suggest the Care Concept Insurance. To apply for their private health insurance (College Comfort) and accident insurance (Type M) please only use this link: 
Students using a private insurance have to proof that they are privately health insured: Therefore you need to get a letter stating an exemption from the compulsory state health insurance. To obtain this letter, fill in the following form and send it to one of the German state health insurances (for instance to Barmer: e-mail).