The 10th intake of the International Master Programme in Cartography has finished the “Vienna Semester” and is now heading to TU Dresden for their third semester. After another semester of distance learning, we had the chance to meet for a farewell session end of June to review the semester.
This summer term we had the pleasure to e-host six international guest lecturers who shared their research with our students from the International Master in Cartography:
- Mario Hernandez (Vice-President of ISDE): Prerparing SDGS
- Menno-Jan Kraak (University of Twente): Mapping SDGs
- Amy Griffin (RMIT Melbourne): In maps we trust?
- Rob Roth (University of Wisconsin-Madison): Storytelling with maps
- Ayako Kagawa (Geospatial Information Section at United Nations): UN Cartography
- Philippe De Maeyer (Ghent University): History of Cartography
- Philippe De Maeyer (Ghent University): Cartographic Semiotics
Showcasing great results from the semester
The farewell session also gave the opportunity to view and discuss the printed results of Project Map Creation.
A huge thank you to all students for their work and dedication in this semester. Enjoy your well-deserved summer!